This project is read-only.

Instal error

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I'm getting this error when I try to install..

"Source file not found D:\Downloads\cab1.cab"
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Crap, I missed something in this new installer. I'll have a fix up momentarily.
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Ok, version 1.3.1 is up now. Sorry about that.
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
No problem. It installs fine, but it's not displaying images, it's only dimming the ones that were there from the previous version...
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Sorry. It's not changing when set to collage sequential. Fullscreen works random and sequential.
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Hmm... ok. I'm on it.
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
No rush. I thought you should know. I also noticed there's no toggle for the same image on each monitor, not that I can see how that might effect anything.
Nov 29, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I intentionally removed the 'same image' checkbox for collage mode because I figured it didn't make sense to pick the same image for all monitors when the random position is going to be different on each one. Do you actually use that mode?
Nov 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I do when I'm working on one screen and thinning the herd as it were from my photos. When I do that, I'm playing them in order to go through the folder without missing any that would otherwise be covered by other things on my main monitor. And I do it in collage mode just because it's nicer to look at ;-)
That's the setting I had on the previous version so I thought that maybe the combo of sequential, collage, and same image might have been part of the cause with the problem. I also like that they're in different places. It keeps it looking interesting when I can see both screens ;-)
Nov 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Just an FYI, I found out why it kept resetting itself when in sequential mode. I cleared the history thinking it only cleared the screen, Ooops ;-)
Nov 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Thanks BTW. It's working fine now ;-)
Cheers! Have a great weekend.
Nov 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Glad it's working.
Thanks, you too.
Nov 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM
I stand corrected... It seems to reset right after I edit a photo in Picasa, so it's probably not Wallswitch, but something Picasa does, because it just happened again.
Nov 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM
I just tried out picasa, and it seems when you edit a photo, it creates a copy of the image inside a hidden folder named .picasaoriginals. I bet this is what's making it appear to repeat images. I can probably get around that by changing it to ignore hidden files/folders. I'll put out a fix tomorrow for that.
Nov 29, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Again... Thanks. There's no rush, I just thought I'd let you know since I brought it up and thought it might be a Wallswitch problem.
A boss key or clear screen key might not be a bad idea though.
I do like the idea of ignoring hidden images & folders. I have a lot of folder.jpg that are 250x250 and look really awkward in the mix ;-)
Nov 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Version 1.3.3 is now up, which should address the hidden files/folders problem.

For a boss key, you could assign a hot-key to your 'safe' theme, and just hit that key combo whenever you want to hide your 'unsafe' wallpaper.