This project is read-only.

Memory Leak?

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Wall Switch is working great since you fixed the problem I was having with multiple monitors. Thanks again!

I thought you might want to know that it seems to blow up over time. I just restart the program when I notice, so not a huge deal, but I don't know if there's any limit to how big it can get. It starts out at about 25,000, but a few minutes ago I found it at over 800,000.
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
All memory is allocated through .NET, so the garbage collector should be taking care of any memory leaks. I'll have a look through and see if I can spot any places where it's holding onto memory longer than it should be.
Dec 30, 2014 at 3:11 AM
I've been watching since the update, and it's still a little high but seems to be holding at a much more reasonable 300K, give or take. Will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for looking into it!
Jan 2, 2015 at 4:49 AM
Unfortunately, after longer observation, I've found that the program still gets quite inflated. It was running over 1,000,000 K just now. It had been on continuously for about 5 days. I'll just try to make a habit of restarting it every day or two.
Jan 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Hmm... ok. I'll dig deeper into it this weekend. Something's not being released properly. Out of curiosity, what memory value are you looking at? Working Set? Peak Working Set? Commit Size?
Jan 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM
FYI, my machine has been running for 2:17:31 (Windows8.1) changing the photos once per minute out of a collection of 190,000 images and my private working memory is 67MB. It goes to 130MB when rendering the next photo, but then returns to 67 to 70 MB.
Jan 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM
cmrazek wrote:
Hmm... ok. I'll dig deeper into it this weekend. Something's not being released properly. Out of curiosity, what memory value are you looking at? Working Set? Peak Working Set? Commit Size?
It's the "Private Working Set" shown in Task Manager.