This project is read-only.

Just out of curiosity...

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Is there any way for it to read search results?
I have a bunch of photos rated 5 stars, and I currently just copy them to a new folder for display as wallpaper.
I know that a search result isn't actually a folder, but being MS search, I thought there might be a way to collect the results through .NET (being a MS coding platform) sort of how WS now collects an RSS feed to a temp folder...

Not a request. Just wondering....
Dec 21, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Not currently. It is possible, although it's a completely different interface from the file system or RSS feeds. I think for now, copying them manually when you make changes might be your best bet.
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Yeah, I figured it would either be something they easily documented, or proprietary...
Please don't take this as a request. I really have no need for it.
I truly just thought I'd ask out of curiosity...

I've yet to find anything that can read either an MS search or a .zip file as a folder.
I get why they built .zip into the file folder system of Explorer, but if there's no way to access either of them through programs, then I think all their doing is confusing people, and making them wonder where the folders are that they just saw in explorer that aren't showing up when they browse for them in a program like WS...
And I assume that they blame it on you (the programmers)...

Hence me asking...

Sorry for the MS rant.
Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!
Thanks again!

Cheers!
Dec 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
If it needs to, an application can access a .zip file using 3rd party libraries that can read those types of files; but otherwise a .zip file is treated the same as any other file in the file system (as a single 'blob' of data). Usually we don't add support for zip files unless there's an actual reason to scan the contents. For the most part, if you've got a bunch of files zipped up, it's assumed that you have them archived for some reason, and aren't actively working with them. If you need to work with them, you'd unzip them somewhere.

Before MS added Explorer support for .zip files, if you needed to unzip something on a fresh install of Windows, you'd have to track down a copy of WinZip or pkzip. It's much easier to work with these files nowadays, but I guess I can see how it may be confusing to people.