This project is read-only.

Option for semi-random sequential images

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM
I've been to four of the ParaPan-Am Games this summer in Toronto, and I've taken tons of pics.
Could you maybe add an option to show "X" number of images in a row before randomly selecting a new stating point for "X" ?
I'd love to see a few pics from Wheelchair Rugby followed by a few from Wheelchair Basketball, followed by a few from Blind Sevens Football (soccer).
On random, they're not at all cohesive, and in order, there's possibly 300 pics of each event.
Maybe five or 10 photos in order, before finding a new random starting place, would really be awesome...

Thanks if you can, and thanks if you can't. Either way... great program. Been using it for years ;-)
Aug 23, 2015 at 5:58 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Sure, sounds like a reasonable request. Version 1.3.8 is now up, and contains this feature. You can enable it by clicking the 'Sequential Groups?' checkbox on the Settings tab, for themes with random order.
Aug 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM
Awesome. I just got the notification about the update. Thanks!

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:39 PM
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you so much.

It's not just great for the Parapan and other sports photos, but it works in both full-screen, and collage... I wasn't expecting that...

It makes collage's of "out with friends" make a bit more sense.
Horses grazing followed by WC Rugby followed by Bob getting his tequila on, was just a little too random ;-) (and possibly too assuming)..
:-)

Thank you so much.
Cheers!
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Thank you for adding that. I really like it.

Now... my boyfriend has an ask.
Is there any way you can clear the background pics when you start a new sequence?
I'd not really thought about it, but, a few pics of shirtless guys playing volleyball on the beach followed by pics of a christening is a little weird when they mash up.

Promised I'd ask, so I did ;-)
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Wow. Apparently 4:39 is my asking time...
Weird....
Sep 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Ok, version 1.3.9 (up now) adds a new checkbox "Clear between groups?" that'll clear the screen whenever a new set of sequential images has been started.
Sep 22, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Cool! Thanks!