Black bars/overfill in 1366x768?

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Hey, wanted to say I love this software. Been using it for several months now, and it's fantastic. Wish it had more attention, trying to find a place on reddit to promote it if I can.

Came here with a question though. I have a large collection (1,300+) of wallpapers of varying sizes and resolutions. A bit of a digital hoarder, I'm afraid.

I noticed that the "fill" setting actually expands the wallpapers both vertically and horizontally, as though it were stretching it to 1920x1080 and still placing it on my 1366x768 monitor, cropping off both sides and top of many images. In windows, the "fill" setting only expands as much as needed to fill the screen, leaving it intact either vertically or horizontally without black bars. I have tried the "fit" setting as well, but this results in aforementioned black bars. For example:

http://imgur.com/a/xXAa4

See how strangely cropped that is? So weird...

Hoping we can figure out something about it soon. Thanks for this amazing piece of software and for reading this.

--Ridley
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2016 at 1:17 PM
That's weird. It might be a Windows 7 specific bug. I'll look into that.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2016 at 2:37 PM
Turns out it's a stupid bug when the image is larger than the desktop resolution, it doesn't scale the image at all. I'll have a fix out for that in a bit.
Dec 12, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Oh wow! That was fast. Thanks so much, cmrazek! I honestly believe that's the fastest I've ever received a reply from a dev before, much less a personal bugfix! You're awesome, and your software is awesome. Keep it up!