This project is read-only.

Switching clear screen issue..

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Back in this thread we were talking about permissions for Windows 10. I've not changed anything, but I'm now routinely getting a black screen with no image on it at all.

It does seem to happen more often if there's something rather CPU intense going on, but that's not a constant.
Also, it doesn't just not add an image in collage mode, it also removes all the previous ones and displays a black screen. When it starts again, it doesn't re-display the ones from before the blackout, it just shows one as if the history was manually cleared.

Thought you should know...
Happy New Year ;-)
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM
I have a theory of how to avoid some file locking issues (by using a slightly different file name each time). This weekend I'll add that and we'll see if it helps.
Jan 16, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Ok, version 1.3.11 is up. Hopefully this alleviates your problems.
Jan 16, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Thanks. I'll let it go for the week, and let you know if there's any problems next weekend.

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Hi. Everything seems good.
Quick question. If I set the Update Interval to 99 days knowing nothing in that folder is going to change, does it still update it on startup? I have a ton of photos, but only one folder that I have it check hourly. The other two locations are set to 99 days, yet it seems to check them on startup, or when I change themes.

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Oh, and since I'm here, I'll ask his request...
Instead of just clearing the screen between groups, can you maybe set them all to grayscale so the new ones "pop"?
Jan 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM
Great. Glad it's working better now.

The list of files isn't saved when the program exits, otherwise the settings file would be huge, so it needs to reload that list on startup. I am working on some changes around that area, so maybe I'll revisit that for the next version.

I can probably add some sort of extra effects to be applied to the background when cycling between groups. I'll look into that.
Jan 25, 2016 at 12:34 AM

I figured if it was "number of files in folder is the same, or kb is ~150" it would just assume unchanged.